FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH - DAMASCUS, AR
UPDATE as of 10/06/20
Dear First Baptist Church Damascus Family & Friends,
There has been a shift in the conversation around COVID-19. Under the direction of Governor Hutchinson and after much prayer and consideration, we are happy to announce that the First Baptist Church Damascus campus has opened up for “in-person” Sunday morning services again. The health and safety of our members and guests is of upmost priority, so we have made a few changes to our services and campus found below.
· We have two services available at 9AM and 11AM to allow for more social distancing.
UPDATE: Beginning on October 11, we will begin implementing a change in our 9AM Sunday morning service. In order to allow more opportunity for more people to return to worship service, we will wear masks at ALL times. The only exceptions will be those on stage. Now, we do understand there are those that would rather not wear one the entire time, so we will be leaving our 11AM service the same. It is optional for masks to be worn during that worship service, we do ask that you please continue to wear a mask when not seated.
9AM Sunday Morning Service- Masks must be worn at ALL times until further notice. With the exception of those on stage.
11AM Sunday Morning Service - Masks are optional during worship service, but must be worn when not seated.
· Starting June 14th, Sunday School started back in session @ 10:10AM for everyone! (social distancing style)
· All people ages 10 & up are asked to wear a mask.
· Masks do not have to be worn by:
-Worship leaders, only while addressing the congregation
-Performing singers/ musicians, only while singing/playing instruments
* The above individuals must stand at a 12-foot distance from others while speaking/singing/playing without a face covering*
· Please maintain the social distancing guidelines.
· The pews are marked off for distancing.
· There will be no “meet & greet” time. Please refrain from hand-shaking, hugs, etc.
· Song books will not be used. The lyrics to our hymns will be on the big screen.
· Offering plates will be located in the foyer at the end of services instead of passing them around.
· Nursery & Children’s Church will not be active. Children must stay with a parent/guardian at all times.
· Hand sanitizers are located in the foyer & we will disinfect before, between, & after each service.
· The balcony will be closed off for the media team & their family members only.
· Please do not try to attend services if:
You have had a fever of 100.4˚F or higher in the past 2 days
You have cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms typical of Covid-19
You have had known exposure to someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
(You may visit the Arkansas Dept. of Health website for any questions about the directives)
* Sunday Evening worship will be held online for now unless otherwise specified.
* Sunday Evening YOUTH worship has started back @ 6PM Sunday nights in the youth room.
* Beginning September 16th, from 6:30-7:30PM, our Wednesday Adult Bible Study, Youth Class & Gospel Project for KIDS resumed. NEW safety guidelines and procedures will be in place. There are copies of the new guidelines located in the church foyer.
We are so excited to see all of your smiling faces again! However, if you are in one of the “at-risk” categories, having to quarantine, or just do not feel comfortable attending in person yet, we will continue to post our services on our Facebook Page. You may find the videos by typing @FirstBaptistChurchDamascusAR in the Facebook search bar for easy access. We appreciate your patience as we are still looking to update our media resources to provide better viewing via online.
We know this is a lot to take in. But we believe it is necessary and appropriate to take these actions to help do our part and ensure that COVID-19 remains controlled and that our members and guests remain safe. Thank you all for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
God Bless You All,
First Baptist Church Damascus Staff